1. Home
  2. Account Holds/Enrollment Issues
  3. Why do I have a hold on my record?

Why do I have a hold on my record?

In the Student Center there is a Holds section on the right hand side. All holds will show up here. Instructions for taking care of the hold are found by clicking on the details link.

The following are registration holds that prevent students from enrolling in classes:

  • Financial hold or Past Due Balance – Owes Nevada State or other NSHE Past Due Balance. Contact Cashier’s Office at 702-992-2120 or cashier.office@nevadastate.edu
  • Orientation hold – Advising places the following holds for incoming / new students.
  • Remedial Policy hold
  • Student Must Contact Advisor – Each semester, an Advising Hold is placed on students who have earned less than 90 credits or who are declared as Pre-Education or Pre-Speech Pathology. To remove this hold, please contact your Academic Advisor at (702) 992-2160 or aac@nevadastate.edu.
  • Missing Documents – You must provide the missing documents (i.e. final, official, sealed transcripts). Official, sealed transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.  If you have questions, please contact us at (702) 992-2130 or via email at admissions@nevadastate.edu.
  • Graduation hold – Students who applied for graduation will receive a hold preventing registration for the following semester of their anticipated graduation.
  • Immunization hold – Once immunizations has been submitted and approved through med+proctor. It may take up to 2-3 business days for the hold to be automatically removed. For more information please visit https://nsc.edu/immunizations/ .


Updated on October 26, 2023

Related Articles